XII° INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS LIONS WALLED TOWNS – Gubbio may 22, 23 and 24, 2015
The walls, the old city, the square: symbolic meanings and educative function
FRIDAY, MAY 22:
Arrival of the Members of the Congress.
- 11.00: Transfer of the Members of the Congress from the airport of Roma-Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci to their Partner Hotels;
- 17.00: Meeting of the Members of the Congress at 40 Martiri Square;
- Walk through the medieval heart of the city to reach the Signoria Square;
- 18.00: Welcome from the Mayor to the lionistich authorities in the Council Chamber of the Praetorian Palace;
- Performance of the famous flag-wavers of Gubbio in Signoria Square;
- Extraordinary Big bell rung;
- 20.00: Dinner at the Notable Palace of the Conti della Porta;
- Presentation of the Clubs new entry.
SATURDAY, MAY 23:
- 8.30: Meeting at la Loggia dei Tiratori in 40 Martiri Square e transfer to the congress venue (Park Hotel Ai Cappuccini);
- 9.00: Registration and start Congress Works;
- authority greetings;
- Discussion on the Congress theme and argument;
H.11.30: coffee break;
- 12.00: Planned interventions;
- awards photographic competition;
- 13.00: End of the Congress Works
- 13.30: Lunch at Park Hotel ai Cappuccini.
- 14:30: Reunion of the Executive Council
- 15:30: Walk in the historical and cultural city with multilanguage visit (Palazzo dei consoli – Duomo e Musei Diocesani).
H.20:00: Gala Dinner at he Ducale Palace (black tie).
DOMENICA MAY, 24:
FESTIVAL OF THE CERI MEZZANI:
- H.10:00: Folkloric parade of the ceraioli through the streets of the medieval city;
- H.11.30: alzata dei ceri in Signoria Square;
- H.13:00: free lunch;
- H.18:00: corsa dei ceri trough the streets of the city and visit to the basilica of St. Ubaldo, Saint Patron of Gubbio
- 21:00: Dinner in characteristic restaurant of the historical center.
LUNEDì 25 MAGGIO:
transfer to Fiumicino airport.
Program for the companions, not participating in the conference:
STURDAY MAY, 23:
- 9.30: Departure from the Park Hotel ai Cappuccini to the Basilica of St. Ubaldo, located on Mount Ingino.
- 11.00: Multimedia Quadrisfera visit in the Bottaccione Laboratory.
The ascent of Mount Ingino can take a bus or a typical cableway.
- 13.00: Return to the Park Hotel ai Cappuccini for lunch.
Please note the deadline of March 31, 2014 to send:
1) The application form to the Congress and the payment of the participation fees;
2) The hotel booking form;
3) Relations and videos (maximum 10 minutes in total) for the presentation of the last entered Clubs;
4) Relations and videos (maximum 10 minutes) for the interventions of the Clubs on the theme of the Congress, on Saturday morning.